Three ten-player squads enter, only one ten-player squad can win... And everyone gets to respawn until one team walks away with 200 kills.
That's the elevator pitch for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' (those apostrophes in a row kill me) new game mode, War. It's only running for a limited time, from April 12 to April 15 (your time zones may vary), but it's hopefully just testing the mode for full-time inclusion down the track, because it sounds kinda awesome.
War also only takes place on small portions of the Erangel map, and each respawn is another para-drop into the action. Check out the vid:
Yeah, that looks kinda fun, though the idea of either dealing with pick-up groups, or hassling ten friends online at once, seems bit of a thing. Anyhoo, here are the full details of the new mode, the loot crates, and general rules:
- STARTS: April 12, 7pm PDT / April 13, 4am CEST / April 13, 11AM KST
- ENDS: April 15, 7pm PDT / April 16, 4am CEST / April 16, 11AM KST
- 10-Man Squads on Erangel (All Regions)
- NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA: TPP
- All players are grouped up in teams of 10. Each game will have a max of 30 players (three full teams).
- Please note that there can be a team with less than 10 players depend on the matchmaking situation.
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the safe zone is visible on the map.
- The safe zone is extremely small and never closes in or changes location throughout the duration of the game.
- Getting kills earns points for your team. The first team to get 200 points wins.
- Kill: +3 points
- DBNO: +1 point
- Revive: +1 point
- Team kill / Team DBNO: -5 points
- If no team reaches 200 points before the 15-minute time limit, the team with the highest score will be declared the winner (winner).
- Every time you’re killed, you’ll respawn in another plane.
All players are guaranteed to spawn with the equipment below:
- One random AR or DMR equipped
- One random pistol
- Level one helmet
- Level one vest
- One grenade
Additional loot can be found in buildings and in care packages which drop every 90 seconds.
- Weather is locked at “sunny.”
- You can invite up to 10 players from your friends list to your party before jumping into game.
- The rest of team slots will be filled by auto matching system.
- Killer spectating is disabled.
- Redzone is disabled.